NEWS

New Date

The next Kauri Run will be held on the 1st May 2021

Kauri Run 2020

Kauri Run 2020 is open for registration!

2020 Great Kauri Run - Postponed

On March 16th the government announced a ban on gatherings/events of more than 500 people due to COVID-19. We have also been asked by our local council TCDC, not to run our event at this time

With the Great Kauri Run planned for May 2nd, it is with great regret that we have been forced to postpone the event.

A timeline for the event ban has not yet been announced. When this becomes clear, we’ll need to work with Council, DOC, Iwi and landowners and traffic management and our awesome volunteers to coordinate a new date.

As most people are aware, this event comes under the Spirit of Coromandel Charitable Trust but like any entity it must pay its expenses whether it goes ahead or not. As such we cannot offer refunds. As per the conditions of entry, in the event of “act-of-god” circumstances outside of the organisers control, your entry fee is non-refundable.

We must stress that the event is simply postponed (not cancelled). As soon as we can confirm race day, we will let you know. And entries thus far will be rolled over to the new date.

Further updates will be posted to our facebook page and on our website.

Thank you for your patience in these unique times, and for the myriad of emails and messages we’ve received in support of the event. We hope to see you all at the start line soon.

In the meantime, please stay safe by washing hands frequently with soap and hot water, avoid touching your face, cough into your arm, disinfect commonly touched surfaces often, avoiding contact with others and especially large groups, stay home and away from others if unwell.


All the best